10 Disadvantages To Being Disabled
1) I can’t scratch my nose
This really does drive me crazy
2) Adult naptime is somewhat awkward.
Pity really as I was getting quite good at it
3) Pitying looks from passers-by
I’ve even heard people saying “Aw isn’t it a shame”.
4) People assume I’m stupid
They see that I am physically disabled and assume my brain is too
5) I can’t go for walk on the beach when I’m stressed
I come from a coastal town and walking down the tide line is very calming.
6) Unable to play with the latest gadgets
I cannot push buttons et cetera so why can do is stare at the latest tech.
7) My medication interferes with my ablutions
8) Unable to go out on a whim
I can’t suddenly decide that I want to go out for a curry. I would have to organise an adapted taxi and cancel the carers and so on
9) Going on holiday is very difficult and expensive
I require carers, a hoist and air mattress which works out to cost a fortune.
10) I have to go to bed at the same time every night
I have to be hoisted into bed which requires the assistance of a carer. Of course these things have to be scheduled in advance.