I’ve come across many useful sayings and loads of philosophy over the years. Some of them I have really taken to heart. So much so that I use them to guide me through life. I have to admit that I don’t always follow these principles. After all, I’m only a fallible human being. Like I said above I have many of these I add more over the next couple of weeks.
1) Above all things be true to yourself!
The statement above is definitely top of my list. I interpret it as “Listen to your heart as well as your brain. If you feel that situation isn’t right then you are probably correct. Don’t live your life doing something that is against your principles or morals.”
2) Shit happens, it’s what you do about it that matters
3) If something isn’t right do something about it. Otherwise, accept it.
4) Sometimes in life you just have to jump through the hoops in order to move on
A good example of this is worklife. You just have to do what is necessary to do your job to the best of your abilities. Keep in mind the reason why you work. It also means occasionally you have to do things that you don’t want to do.
5) Sometimes it may seem like the universe is against you. The truth is, the universe doesn’t care about you, or, anybody else. It’s just the way it is.
The saying above stops me from thinking bad luck follows me
6) When things don’t work the best thing to do is the right thing. The second best thing to do is the wrong thing. The worst thing to do is nothing.
7) Grant me the sincerity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
The above is used by many, and, for me has been really helpful!
8) There is no such thing as bad language. There is only language used badly.
9) Rules are for the guidance of the wise and obedience of fools
10) If something has gone wrong take the opportunity to learn from it. Do not beat yourself up about it, it’s been and gone.
11) Don’t eat yellow snow
12) You can’t win an argument against an ignorant person
13) You can please some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.
14) Pick your fights carefully. You simply don’t have enough energy to take on the world.
15) It’s okay to make mistakes, it’s the best way to learn.
As I said at the beginning I have loads of philosophical sayings in my head. If this page becomes popular I will add more useful sayings. My hope is that they will help other people through the journey of life.