Over the years, I have come across many useful sayings and philosophies that I have taken to heart. While they guide me through life, I must admit that I am not always able to follow these principles. As a fallible human being, I do my best to incorporate them into my life. I continue to add new ones as I come across them, and plan to do so in the next couple of weeks.
1) Above all things be true to yourself!
The statement above is definitely top of my list. I interpret it as “Listen to your heart as well as your brain. If you feel that situation isn’t right then you are probably correct. Don’t live your life doing something that is against your principles or morals.”
2) Shit happens, it’s what you do about it that matters
3) If something isn’t right do something about it. Otherwise, accept it.
4) Sometimes in life you just have to jump through the hoops in order to move on
A good example of this is worklife. You just have to do what is necessary to do your job to the best of your abilities. Keep in mind the reason why you work. It also means occasionally you have to do things that you don’t want to do.
5) Sometimes it may seem like the universe is against you. The truth is, the universe doesn’t care about you, or, anybody else. It’s just the way it is.
The saying above stops me from thinking bad luck follows me
6) When things don’t work the best thing to do is the right thing. The second best thing to do is the wrong thing. The worst thing to do is nothing.
7) Grant me the sincerity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
The above is used by many, and, for me has been really helpful!
8) There is no such thing as bad language. There is only language used badly.
9) Rules are for the guidance of the wise and obedience of fools
10) If something has gone wrong take the opportunity to learn from it. Do not beat yourself up about it, it’s been and gone.
11) Don’t eat yellow snow
12) You can’t win an argument against an ignorant person
13) You can please some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.
14) Pick your fights carefully. You simply don’t have enough energy to take on the world.
15) It’s okay to make mistakes, it’s the best way to learn
16) “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” This is an excerpt from a truly amazing work of literature titled The Art of War by Sun Tz. It’s a philosophical masterpiece and I recommend you read it.
I have a plethora of philosophical sayings stored in my mind. If this page gains popularity, I will keep adding more valuable sayings to it. My intention is to assist others in their life journey through the wisdom these sayings offer.
I Hope You Enjoyed Philosophical Sayings To Guide You Through Life